Once you have made the Thai Green curry paste from scratch, you will never buy shop bought again. It is quick and easy but more than that it is so fragrant and transforms the dish into a wonderful aromatic delight that is enormously satisfying. You can substitute the tofu for chicken or prawns.
- 2 tbs Sesame oil if you have an allergy use melted coconut oil / Olive oil
- 3 Spring onions roughly chopped
- 10 g Garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 20 g Fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 40 g Fresh Coriander
- 25 g Fresh Thai basil
- 10 g Stick of Lemongrass
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 Kaffir leaf fresh preferably but dried is fine
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp Green chilli
- 30 ml Tamari Soya Sauce
- 2 tbs Water
- 1 tsp Bouillon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbs Sesame oil
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 250 g Tofu or 250g boneless diced chicken chunks or 250g prawns
- 500 g Assorted fresh vegetables; broccoli baby corn, leeks, sweet potato, bell pepper, pak choi, mange tout
Add all the ingredients into a Nutribullet, food processor or liquidizer and blitz until it turns into a smooth fairly runny paste. (I use a Nutribullet)
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Add the vegetables and stir for a few minutes.
Add the tofu( or prawns or chicken). Stir in well and cook for a few minutes.
Place the paste in a mixing bowl and add the coconut milk to this. Stir to mix together.
Add this coconut milk mixture to the pan. Stir and bring to the boil.
Turn the heat done to allow the curry to simmer with a lid on it for 10 minutes.
Serve with Basmati rice.